Oral health and Inflammatory Diseases
- Arthritis can affect the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Sjögren’s syndrome can cause inflammation damaging the glands, such as salivary glands. This can lead to cavities through the mouth, severe oral dryness, difficulty eating, and even tooth loss
- Different oral Infections can
- Bacterial infections can cause swelling and severe pain, fever, and swollen nodes
- Fungal infections can cause a white coating or clumping
- Oral ulcers can also occur in patient taking methotrexate. A folic acid supplementation can help with reducing ulcers.